The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.
– Mark Zuckerberg via Steve Tobak ‘Mark Zuckerberg’s insights for entrepreneurs‘ CBS News
You don’t need to use them, it implies; whatever you come up with was your choice. You’re the one who put those pieces together. But Cards Against Humanity still gives you the tools with which you can construct these calls and responses. It still frames and controls what happens. There’s a word for this, and that word is “enabling.”
– ‘Review: Cards Against Humanity‘ Shut Up and Sit Down
Advice for the 22-year-old is simple:
- Learn how to make decisions. Make them.
- Know that those seemingly small decisions at 22 can impact a life.
- Maintain a sense of adventure in all you do. Take risks
- Spend zero time on the couch wishing you were still in college.
And enjoy the ride.
– Richard A. Moran, President, Menlo College ‘Red alert at 22 — First steps and small decisions matter‘
But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
“Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
– Matthew 14:27-29